The Best Itinerary for Family Holiday in Laos
Laos is the country with many natural beauties and ancient values. It is also a splendid country for a leisure family holiday after a long time of hard-working, studying. If you are looking for a nice trip with family, then here we are: The Best Itinerary for Family Holiday in Laos!
For this recommendation, we will have three main destinations: Vientiane – Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang. In addition, we will also check out other fantastic destinations along the way. With that being set, let’s find out!
This will be our start and our very first destination. Vientiane is the capital city, and also the largest city of Laos. It also Interestingly enough, this city is probably the smallest capital city among South East Asia with only population of 850.000.
Vientiane gives tourists a relaxing, laying back atmosphere with its slow pace. Truly so! Vientiane is the place where you can find all kinds of excellent international restaurants, bars. As you wander around Vientiane, you can still spot many French architectural influences, religious sites, and more… At first glance, some may afraid that it is hard to find their ways through the city. But in fact, it is on the contrary. You can easily discover the city via bike, going on foot, or hiring tuk-tuk (or jumbo).
Now we’re here, which places should we visit? First, resides on the southern part of Vientiane, we have Buddha Park. Buddha Park, or Xieng Khuan, is a famous park featuring more than 200 Buddha and Hindu gods sculptures., including a 40-meter-tall reclining Buddha statue.
Next, we have a series of ancient temples, for example:
- Vat Sisaket – famous for its cloister wall with thousands of tiny Buddha images.
- Vat PhraKeo (1565) – one of the most impressive temples and previously home to the famous Emerald Buddha image.
In the afternoon, visitors can enjoy the beautiful sunset view over Mekong River. And in the evening, it’s high time for night bars, streets of Vientiane.
The next destination from our itinerary is Vang Vieng. Vang Vieng is not known as a religious attraction, but mostly known as a place full natural beauties.
There are many caves waiting to be explored in Vang Vieng:
- Tham Jang – a popular cave for its location upon the hill, and the gorgous sight over the land of Vang Vieng.
- Tham Phu Kham with the famous Blue Lagoon – a crystal-clear lake considered to be sacred in the old time.
- Tham Nam – a mysterious cave filled with water, can only be explored via ‘zipline’.
- Tham Sang – or also known as ‘Elephant Cave’ due to its staglamite formation, houses many Buddha statues and especially Buddha’s footprint.
- Tham Hoi and Tham Loup, said to be the refugees points during Vietnam War, are favored for its tons of staglamite and staglatite formations.
For more information about these caves, you can check out the details here: The Most Famous Vang Vieng Caves to Discover.
Finally, for a family holiday, we always want to have a splendid chance to have fun with each other. That’s when we know that we gotta try Hot Air Balloon in Vang Vieng. This is perfect oppurtunity to behold the magnificient sight of Vang Vieng on the sky.
Luang Prabang is an ancient land where the famous Alms Giving Ceremony held. For those who don’t know, Alms Giving Ceremony, or Tak Bat ceremony, held every early morning. This is a ceremony in which Buddhism faithful give alms to the monks. Travelers can see this sacred Buddhism practice, but there are some rules we need to notice before going in.
Next we have lots of other fascinating places in Luang Prabang:
- The cave of Pak Ou – ‘mouth’ of the ‘Ou’ River, filled with hundreds of statuettes of Buddha. From there, we also have a scenic view over Mekong River.
- Vat Xieng Thong, or Temple of the Royal City, is a significant monument to the spirit of religion, royalty and traditional art, and one of the most important of Lao monasteries.
- Vat Visoun – the oldest and one of the most beautiful temples of Luang Prabang.
- Phousi Mountain with beaufiful sunset sight in the afternoon, then H’mong Night Market, held in the main street from 17.00 to 22.00 PM every night.
Lastly we have Kuang Sii Waterfall which seems to be the most popular among tourists in Luang Prabang. The sight of cascades of clear, turquoise water is just simply breathtaking. This is also a perfect place for a nice, cool swimming. Near the waterfall are several villages where you can see women dressed in traditional clothes.
Your question form
Please fill up the below question form if you need any further information or assistance. We are willing to send you our answers within 24 hours and provide you necessary documents if require.